Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm already so tyrannized by the thought of having to post on this blog that I can't even think of a title--nevermind coming up with actual content. Well, I guess I can start with the remnant of a conversation that I had with some friends that were over for brunch on Sunday. One of them had suggested that maybe I do a cookbook of healthy recipes that taste really good. I had thought about doing this many years ago when I had my personal training business but just never got around to it. At this time, I don't really feel passionate about spending my time that way so my answer to my friend was, "maybe when I have an abundance of both time and money I'll reconsider it."

And today I thought to myself, what would I do if I had an abundance of both time and money. Here is my list and I encourage you, my army of readers to come up with your own and post it in the comments. I'm very interested in the deep desires of my loyal following. Truly, I am. But for now, here's mine:

If I had an abundance of time and money I would:

* Buy a barn in upstate New York and convert it into a retreat center where I could conduct Feed Your Soul, Feed Your Body Workshops that are a week long for women who need to recharge, revitalize, and reconnect with themselves (don't think I won't be using that as the tagline in my advertising materials because I think it's brilliant)!

* Write long letters of adoration and thanks to all of the women whose work has shaped my being: Martha Beck, Geneen Roth, SARK, Anne Lamott, Robin Posin, Marianne Williamson.

* Go for one month to the Gurudev Siddha Peeth Ashram in India.

* Go to Jim Caruso's Open Mike Night for Broadway Peformers and Everyone else at Birdland on Monday nights.

* Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge

* Make the short film Kill the Cheesecakes that I've wanted to make for the last five years.

* Do volunteer coaching at a local shelter.

* Go back to tap class.

* E-mail Stew, the creator of the musical Passing Strange, nothing in the Broadway theater before or since has ever affected me like this show has and I never got to communicate it to Stew.

* Go to Point Reyes in Cali for a week and just hang out by myself and contemplate and write.

* Go to the Performing Arts Library at Lincoln Center and view all of the Bob Fosse shows that are archived there.

* Read A Remeberance of Things Past by Marcel Proust for crying out loud

Well, I think that's a pretty good start and I can see that there are a couple of things that I don't have to wait to do. I can do them right now. I'll let you know how it goes. And don't forget to make your own list. It's very enlightening.

No comments: